MAKE LEMONS OUT OF LEMONADE
Leroy’s Lip Smack’n Lemonade Stand was started in 2012 in Leroy Hayward, III’s front yard as a participant in Raising Cane’s National Lemonade Day. The young entrepreneur thought it was a great way to give back to the New Orleans Children’s Hospital since the doctors there had done so much for Leroy. In 2014, he entered his lemonade in the Lemonade Day tasting contest, and won 1st place! At just six years old, Leroy became one of Louisiana’s youngest entrepreneurs. Leroy expanded the business by selling his lemonade at Tiger Stadium, the PMAC and at Matherne’s. In more recent years, the business began bottling its product and now sells the famous lemonade in over twenty stores. See below for a list of the stores and how to keep up with Leroy on social media.
Find Leroy’s Lemonade Near You
- Calandro’s Supermarket – Mid City | 4142 Government St, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Calandro’s Supermarket | 12732 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Southside Produce Market | 8240 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Calvin’s Bocage Market | 7675 Jefferson Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Matherne’s Market at LSU (across from Tiger Stadium) | 85 Center Ct, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Matherne’s Supermarket (Downtown) | 440 3rd St. Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Capital Grocery | 701 Spanish Town Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- Reeves Market | 10770 N. Harrells Ferry Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- Alexander’s Highland Market | 18111 Highland Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Leroy’s LipSmack’n Lemonade Mobile | Anywhere you ask us to be! Just call 225.588.8502
- Bet-R | 2812 Kalurah Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Tony’s Seafood Market & Deli | 5215 Plank Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
- Memphis Mac | 2785 Larkspur Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
- Cafe Jeanpierre | 10500 Greenwell Springs Road, Ste. B, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
- Rouses Market | 7580 Bluebonnet Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
- Rouses Market | 3446 Drusilla Ln, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Rouses Market | 600 Creek Centre Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70820
- Rouses Market | 14630 Village Market St, Baton Rouge, LA 70817
- Ty-Ty’s Italian Ice & Concessions | 10064 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70815
- Rite-Way | 23896 Highway 19, Slaughter, LA 70777
- Hi Nabor | 7201 Winbourne Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
For more information on Leroy’s LipSmack’n Lemonade, click here.
CLASSIC SOUTHERN LEMONADE
Leroy keeps his lemonade recipe a secret, but here’s a traditional southern lemonade recipe for you to enjoy!
6 Cups of water
1 Cup of white sugar
- Step 1
Juice the lemons to make 1 cup of juice. To make this easier, firmly roll the lemons between your hands and tabletop before cutting in half and juicing.
- Step 2
In a gallon pitcher combine 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, and 6 cups cold water. Stir. Adjust water to taste. Chill and serve over ice.