CLAIRLY VEGAN'S EGGPLANT CACCIATORE
2 ea. 16 oz. canned diced tomato
2 ea. Onions (diced)
3 ea. Ribs of Celery (diced)
1 ea. Green Bell Pepper (diced)
3 ea. Cloves Garlic (minced)
2 C. Vegetable Stock
1 tbsp. Dried Thyme
1 tbsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Dried rosemary
1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
½ tsp. Paprika
TT Salt & Black Pepper
3 tsp. Olive Oil
TT Salt and Pepper
3 ea. zucchini
Plant-based mozzarella cheese
For the Sauce:
- Begin by placing 3 tsp. of olive oil into the pot and heat over a medium high heat. Once the oil has come to temp., add the onions and cooked until they begin to turn translucent. Add in the celery and bell pepper and continue to cook until the vegetables begin to slightly caramelize.
- After the vegetables start to caramelize, add in the garlic and continue to cook until the garlic becomes fragrant. Once the garlic becomes fragrant, add in the rest of the seasonings and continue to cook for another minute or two until everything is very fragrant.
- Next add in the diced tomatoes and the vegetable stock.
- Once everything has been added in, simmer on low heat for 1 hour, or until the acid has cooked out of the tomato.
- When finished simmering, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
For the Eggplant:
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350F.
- Next, cut off the ends of the eggplant, and slice into ½ inch slices and place on a sheet tray.
- Season both sides of the eggplant with salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until desired cook is achieved.
For the Noodles:
- Cut of the ends of the zucchini, and place on a vegetable spiralizer with the shoestring die and turn the until zucchini form into noodles.
- Place the zucchini noodles into a bowl.
- Next, add the roasted eggplant on top, and then ladle sauce over the top of the eggplant and noodles as desired.
- Finish by topping with fresh basil and mozzarella cheese.
ABOUT CLAIRLY VEGAN
Clairly Vegan is a healthy, plant-based meal prep service nourishing everyone from busy moms and families, professionals, athletes, and non-vegans.
Started by Claire Steiner in June of 2020, Clairly Vegan began at home, with orders being filled right from her kitchen. By September, Claire had expanded into the Carrollton Commissary and began to build a team of chefs to continue creating the hundreds of monthly orders of vibrantly vegan dishes.
With no two menus alike, Claire creates unique menu options each week for home delivery and pick up.
Follow Clairly Vegan on social media:
Watch a Video About Claire Steiner's Life-Changing Experience
Founder & Owner,
Claire Steiner is the founder and owner of Clairly Vegan, a healthy, plant-based meal prep service in the New Orleans metro area. As of June 2020, Clairly Vegan has nourished everyone from busy moms and families, professionals, athletes, and non-vegans alike. Born and raised in New Orleans, Claire is no stranger to good food. She worked in the restaurant industry for over a decade and has a degree in dietetics. In June of 2020, Claire started Clairly Vegan at home, with orders being filled right from her kitchen. By September, she expanded to the Carrollton Commissary. Here she brought on a team of talented chefs to continue creating the hundreds of monthly orders of vibrantly vegan dishes. With no two menus alike, Claire creates unique menu options each week for home delivery and pickup. As a single mom of three young children, Claire is passionate about helping others to incorporate healthy and delicious food at home and developing nutritious eating habits for her customers. Claire lives in the Lakeview neighborhood of New Orleans with her three children, Brody, Ireland, and Finley.